Friday, November 12, 2010

The Launch of Classes in Singapore

Guess what everyone? I'm excited to announce that I will be officially running cake decorating classes in Singapore this December! I was toying with the idea on my last trip back and decided that since I will be heading back to Singapore this Christmas to spend time with my family, I'd try running classes in Singapore.


I must admit, the initial task was pretty daunting. Cupcakes would have been the easier option (for me) but everyone who emailed me all asked about cakes. 


At this point I was getting a little stressed on how I will bring back all my tools for all the students. Let me tell you, there are quite a lot of tools, icing and chocolate involved which I would need to fly back with me.

Then I came across Bake King... my hero! They rent out their cooking school class rooms and have offered to supply everything I need. I was so happy :)


They have just listed my classes on their website yesterday and I've been told it's already getting a good response. Oh, I am so excited to get to meet everyone :) I am still a little nervous! Teaching away from my comfort zone, with new tools and a new climate... yikes. I'm sure it'll be great fun, I'm just a worry wort :P

So if you know of anyone in Singapore who'd be interested, help me spread the word. There are 2 class dates on offer - the 15th of December and 26th of December.

This class will be run differently from the usual classes. I will be catering for all levels so students will get a chance to choose to do a square or round cake and also create your own simple design on the cake. And I will also be demonstrating how to stack a 2 tier cake... So lots of learning outcomes from this little class!

Hope to be able to meet some of you :)

9 comments:

Simon Food Favourites said...

that's awesome. congratulations. hope the classes are very successful which i'm sure they will be. have fun :-)

Phuoc'n Delicious said...

Hey Sharon! All the best for these classes, What a wonderful idea of spreading out to a different country and offering these classes. Good luck!

Bimmer said...

Hi Sharon!
I'm from Singapore and am so excited to hear you are having classes here!

Any chance you can teach 3D cakes? Or how to do bride/groom figurines for wedding cakes?

Jinky said...

Hi Sharon!
I saw your ad (Singapore class) from facebook :) I'm so impressed with your designs. I would love to attend your class ..and yes, I just signed up for the Dec 26 class! wooo hoo!! See you then :)

Sharon said...

Thank you everyone!

Brimmer - I would love to teach 3D cakes (I love making them) in Singapore but I think this will be further down the road as this time around, I'm catering for beginners :)

Jinky - I'm glad! I look forward to meeting you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi how can i sign up for the class in singapore?

food solutions said...

im going through your blog from the very start! still on 2010 but it's so interesting. retort manufacturers

Aarti said...

Hi Sharon! I am a beginner to cake making. I am from singapore. Can you tell me when, where, duration of your classes etc.

Sharon said...

Hi Aarti - I will back in Singapore this November. Visit www.artistiq.com.sg to ask them to notify you when the classes are listed :) Hope to see you in class!

Stuff you might also like...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin